On this episode of the Suuchi Podcast, Emanuel interviews Matt Priest, the President & CEO of the United States' leading trade association in the footwear industry, the FDRA, or the Footwear Distributors & Retailers of America. Matt brings great insight into what's going on in the industry and sheds light on how trade groups work with brands and retailers to pass or repeal legislation in Washington D.C. that impacts retail and much more!
We discuss a variety of topics on this talk that we truly believe will add value to the end-listener! These topics include the following:
- What is the FDRA and what do they do?
- What major brands and retailers are doing during this time
- Brands pivoting to PPE to fight in this war
- The impact that tariffs and duties have on brands and consumers
- Digitizing the supply chain
- Consumer behavior changes
- Legislation, primarily the $2 trillion stimulus package
- How he went from a late start in Capitol Hill to becoming CEO at the age of 31 & becoming the 3rd CEO since FDRA's inception in 1944
We hope you guys enjoy today's episode and that you can learn from Matt's expertise and story. Let's continue to grow our brands, impact our customers, and reach that next level in your business... even during these challenging times.
Stay safe, and we'll see you next time! #socialdistancing
To learn more about Matt, his podcast, and FDRA, please see below:
- Matt's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattpriest/
- FDRA: https://fdra.org
- Shoe-In Show: http://www.shoeinshow.com
Here are the recommended Shoe-In Show interviews that Matt suggested during the interview:
- Dick Johnson | Chairman, President, & CEO of Foot Locker, Inc.: https://shoeinshow.com/tag/dick-johnson/
- David Kahan | CEO of Birkenstock Americas: https://shoeinshow.com/tag/david-kahan/
- Matt Rubel | Chairman Consumer at MidOcean Partners Private Equity: https://shoeinshow.com/tag/matt-rubel/
Looking to launch a brand or digitize your supply chain?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team of experts with guide you through our process.
- Explore Suuchi Inc. to learn more about our solutions, technology, and capabilities.